Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A letter says it all.

I guess I was to rash to presume I would be chasing people all over the place, my cunning plan which is cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University has paid off.

I have had replies to the letters I sent out last week, I knew I would not have the time to properly get in contact with all the injured parties for my designated crimes to investigate and I needed a number of basic statements to pursue the cases and late one night I quickly typed out a number of statements and letters to be mailed for return as the recent abstractions due to the incidents meant I would be standing out side train stations.

Well I must admit the Letters were far more effective than a telephone call or a visit.
It appears that people respond more to an "official police letter"

I will certainly be using it more often in the future especially for requests for CCTV to be made available and ready for collection. An unexpected bouns also means copies of the letters can also go with the case files as unused material.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you need now is an auto letter generator..

thinblueline said...

ooh I suppose I could do a macro one :)
insert name -
insert crime -

etc etc :) YAY the modern police service !

gonorr said...

I think there is a fatal flaw in your plan Baldrick.
You assume your clients can read ;)

loved the blackadder site, upgraded the whole series to dvd, t'is bliss.

Investigations - 183 | Crimes Solved- 85 | No Crime - 47
% Detection rate - 46.4 % (Counting year April 08 )


Investigations - 129 | Crimes Solved- 53 | No Crime - 36
% Detection rate - 49.3 % (Counting year April 07 )