Friday, November 09, 2007

The message..

It took me ages to find a related photo ( that wasn't tasteless as I feel )

Delivering a Death message is a call, that returns you back to earth with a thump in this job, like a quite a lot of the work in fact.

I recall having a whole day about this in Hendon, and also found when ever I have had call to be the one knocking on the door, each and every time I have called on the job related number on "Delivering a death message"

Its a shame we are not measured on this "preformance" indicator

-Tbl.

2 comments:

Chrysalis said...

It has got to be a hard thing to tell someone. The only thing you can do is be as tactful as you can and give them what information you can.

That's one thing, when I did run with the ambulance...we weren't the ones to tell the family. The doctor would pronounce them and then it fell to them to inform the families. I always felt for them having to do it too.

caramaena said...

This would be a tough part of the job. I know I couldn't do it.

Investigations - 183 | Crimes Solved- 85 | No Crime - 47
% Detection rate - 46.4 % (Counting year April 08 )


Investigations - 129 | Crimes Solved- 53 | No Crime - 36
% Detection rate - 49.3 % (Counting year April 07 )