Monday, April 11, 2005

Basic driver

I have been buckling down at work over the last few weeks and volunteering for all manner of long boring and unpalatable work going.
I have my mobile phone number entered in the little black book for emergency call out overtime and getting stuck in left right and centre all over the station.
The reason for all this hard work?

To get my basic driver car check test done.
Yes I grow tried of walking the beat all ready - my poor meat plates are in bits!
and I quite fancy been more an assets to the team if I am certified to drive at least the panda!

Burglary investigation car posting here I come!

I got the news today that my application has been signed by the team inspector and now I just await the stations assessors email for a date for the check test before the end of the month.

Hopefully this shouldn’t be to difficult and once done and passed I will be out and about in the little panda going to non urgent calls and getting more involved in police work.

2 comments:

James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good luck on your driving ticket... As a special I only got mine after about 2.5 years of service!!!!!!! I now have hobbits feet (minus the hair).

Investigations - 183 | Crimes Solved- 85 | No Crime - 47
% Detection rate - 46.4 % (Counting year April 08 )


Investigations - 129 | Crimes Solved- 53 | No Crime - 36
% Detection rate - 49.3 % (Counting year April 07 )