Friday, December 08, 2006

Show me the money

Greetings, I hope you are all well and looking forward to the seasons festivities and that you were all smart enough to have booked your holidays now for next years Christmas last minute aid interferences.


We enter the time of the office parties, the department dinners, the teams pissups and the units trip to the seaside resort of your choice, no doubt the usual batch of stories will filter up, the police service is not immune to the Christmas party mistakes ... we are also in full fly of the annual antidrink drive campaign that lasts the festive period then we are tasked to some other equality meaningful priority as soon as possible, and begs the question where are all the traffic officers gone?

Of course all this drink and fun brings its usual community policing skills to the fore of the lost mobile phone while drunk revilers crawl in to the stations shouting “ honest officer it was pick pocked, can I have a crime number for my insurance please “ – which then inevitably follows the “drunk” later after reviewing cctv and speaking to the network provider resulting in their arrest and £80 fine or charge. Why report a crime that did not happen? We do check you know…

Myself I have had my head firmly stuck in Blackstone’s and various other books in the vain attempt to get bits of obscure law in to my grey matter as the 2007 March OSPRE Part One exam looms on with ever increasing speed… I must be mad to want to be a sergeant; this of course has meant I have neglected this blog however I have not forgotten about it.

Thanks to all of you who sent emails of concern regaling my welfare, I am still alive and no I haven’t been carted of some dark coroner of the Met.

Have a fantastic and safe Christmas, and I will write before then I am sure.

PS. Oh we got the 3% .... lucky us.

TTBL.

2 comments:

RoadLegal said...

Good to see you updating again.
I have you bookmarked, but had been wondering whether you were actually stuck at Gatwick for the last four months !

Unknown said...

carted off to some dark coroner....

Investigations - 183 | Crimes Solved- 85 | No Crime - 47
% Detection rate - 46.4 % (Counting year April 08 )


Investigations - 129 | Crimes Solved- 53 | No Crime - 36
% Detection rate - 49.3 % (Counting year April 07 )