Friday, July 15, 2005

Statements

I now know why we take statements as opposed to allowing people to make statements.

After taking about 9 statements in the last two days regarding a number of alleged crimes from the injured parties ( ohh PC Copperfield ! ) It its plain that it is often difficult for many people to tell a story without adding in bits that

a) Did not happen.
b) They did not wittiness.
c) Complete hearsay.

I do not think it is lying in the true sense of the word and I am sure "they" do not do it on purpose and I believe it is just human nature to tell a good story to who ever is listing but by heck luv it sure makes our life a little hard trying to find out what did happen!

On another note, it is apparent that the filling cabinet is going to be well used as I see on our crime reporting system I have been "screened" in about 15+ crimes to investigate.
I am not sure how many my workload should be or how long management reasonably expect me to take to get any kind of result, mainly cause management is not about to ask.

Today after attempting to contact all 15+ of those injured parties I only managed to speak to One over the phone, and a further One was at there home address when I attempted to visit the injured parties, So I had to send letters to the rest in order to make contact and progress with there reported crimes. Lets wait and see who if any gets back to me !


No comments:

Investigations - 183 | Crimes Solved- 85 | No Crime - 47
% Detection rate - 46.4 % (Counting year April 08 )


Investigations - 129 | Crimes Solved- 53 | No Crime - 36
% Detection rate - 49.3 % (Counting year April 07 )