Thursday, February 17, 2005

Day Uno

Well what an intresting start.
After turning up for my first shift and settling down in the briefing room with a warm cup of coffee in my paws nodding to people who I will be working closely with over the comming months and years I feel like I am back at traning college.

New faces, new names, new worries.

The briefing is detailed and comprehensive of whats been going on in the locality in the last 24 hours, I am sure there is little point in my attempt to take it all in and with time I will get the hang of it.

First the introduction. If you dont like public speaking police work aint for you bud.
Its old hat now down to 3 minutes my entire life until now.
Each and every time I say my Introduction to a new group it gets a little more worn.

Then the meeting.
Meet the skipper ( Seargent )
Meet the Gov' (Inspector )
Meet the Boss ( SuperIntendent of the nick )

Each parting wisdom and words of advice to me the young blood,
the fresh face, the eager beaver .... the sucker for all the crap jobs to come.

Every body in this work starts and the bottom and to be honest I am looking forward to it.
A chance to work from the ground up, and earn the respect and trust of my coherts in crime.

Shoulder numbers.
Pocketbook.
CS SPRAY .... phear the cs !

Foxtrot oscar

2 comments:

Graisg said...

all the best
some of us appreciate you :-)

thinblueline said...

Thanks.!

Investigations - 183 | Crimes Solved- 85 | No Crime - 47
% Detection rate - 46.4 % (Counting year April 08 )


Investigations - 129 | Crimes Solved- 53 | No Crime - 36
% Detection rate - 49.3 % (Counting year April 07 )